Last week, PokerStars’ purchase of Full Tilt Poker through the Department of Justice was officially completed, which means that all non-U.S. players will be get their money back – totalling $184 million – within 90 days. In total, $225 million was transferred to the U.S. government last Thursday, and the remaining $547 million will be paid over the next 3 years.
Shyam Markus, the poker room manager at Full Tilt Poker, addressed several questions regarding the relaunch on Thursday morning – after the completion of the deal. For example: he wrote that Full Tilt Poker will be up and running within the next 90 days and that U.S. players will have to apply with the DOJ for remission…
Cateva citate celebre:
- “The guy who invented poker was bright, but the guy who invented the chip was a genius.” (Big Julie)
- “Money won is twice as sweet as money earned” (Paul Newman as Fast Eddie in The Color of Money”)
- “Cards are war, in disguise of a sport.” (Charles Lamb)
- “Poker may be a branch of psychological warfare, an art form or indeed a way of life – but it is also merely a game, in which money is simply the means of keeping score.” (Anthony Holden)
- “Limit poker is a science, but no-limit is an art. In limit, you are shooting at a target. In no-limit, the target comes alive and shoots back at you.” (Jack Strauss) Continuă citirea →